Evacuations for areas in the Jacob City Fire burn scar lifted early Sunday
(STOCKTON, UT) — Stockton police say evacuations of residents at the mouth of Soldier Canyon has been lifted.
Soldier Canyon will remain closed until County Roads Crews can clear and assess the damage to the roads flooding in areas within the Jacob City Fire burn scar
Tooele County authorities issued an evacuation order Saturday night in Soldier Canyon after flash flooding overnight.
Saturday night rain prompts weekend weather advisories
The National Weather Service (NWS) issued a flash flood warning for Salt Lake County Friday evening.
Additionally, a severe storm passed through portions of Weber and Davis counties Friday evening. The storm included heavy rainfall, strong winds and hail roughly a half inch in size.
A special weather statement has been issued for Ogden UT, North Ogden UT and South Ogden UT until 7:30 PM MDT pic.twitter.com/JEwOE15Dec
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) August 13, 2022
The NWS also issued a special statement for the Grantsville area due to expect wind gusts of up to 50 miles per hour and half inch size hail.
Mark Jones contributed to the article.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Utah is the 10th most active state in the country, according to study
- How to care for Canterbury Bells | KSL Greenhouse
- Utah gets more diverse; researcher says it should influence policy
- Navajo leaders quarantine as Native nation prepares for curfew
- Fed begins inflation fight with key rate hike, more to come
- VIP Special Needs Sports League
- Drug tests and background checks are becoming less important to employers. Here’s why
- BYU football names LSU assistant coach Jeff Grimes as new offensive coordinator
- The website Yelp is on the search for a Chief Pizza Officer