What was said at U.S. Senate debate between Lee and McMullin
SALT LAKE CITY — There were lots of fireworks Monday night between Sen. Mike Lee and challenger Evan McMullin during the U.S. Senate debate at Utah Valley University. The debate was moderated by KSL NewsRadio’s Doug Wright.
McMullin hit Lee hard on several issues including his claim that Lee worked with Donald Trump to help find alternate electors for the 2020 presidential race – a claim Lee flatly denies.
“You told the president that you were working overtime – 14 hours a day I think you said – to unravel this for him,” McMullin said. “To keep a president who had been voted out of office according to the will of the people, in power, despite the will of the people.”
Sen. Lee said McMullin’s claims are a travesty.
Along with this, Lee discussed outside money coming into Utah to fund McMullin’s campaign.
“You have sought for, actively courted and obtained the endorsement of the Democratic Party,” Lee said. “You’ve raised millions of dollars from ActBlue, the database on which far-left progressive, socialists democratic donors can be found. And then, you have, in the last quarter alone, spent $1.6 million feeding the democratic industrial complex.”
Other issues discussed included inflation, abortion, immigration and how to save the Great Salt Lake.
Devin Oldroyd contributed to this story.
- Utah Senate debate: Republican Incumbent Mike Lee vs. Independent candidate Evan McMullin
- Sen. Mike Lee working on religious liberty amendments in bill to codify gay marriage
- KSL Newsradio’s Doug Wright moderates debate between Sen. Lee and McMullin
- McMullin seeks reschedule of deposition in lawsuit over attack ad
- Senate race between Lee and McMullin is tight as election day gets closer
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Washington Elementary playground to get $800,000 facelift
- Jon Huntsman Jr meets with Russia’s president
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…