Girl is recovering after being struck by SUV in Spanish Fork
SPANISH FORK, Utah — A 12-year-old girl is recovering after being struck by a SUV Tuesday night in Spanish Fork.
According to Lt. Brandon Anderson with the Spanish Fork Police, the girl was riding her roller blades, and was wearing her helmet and knee pads at the time of the incident. Additionally, Anderson says the incident happened in the area of 100 S. Spanish Fork Drive at 6:30 p.m.
Police say the girl was transported to an area hospital in stable condition. However, police say she may have a possible broken leg and internal injuries.
The incident happened in a residential area close to the girl’s home, according to Anderson. Her parents were not on scene at the time of the incident, but they were later notified.
Anderson says 100 South is a state road and is quite busy. He says the girl was at a intersection waiting to cross. The crosswalk was not marked. However, it’s a legal one, according to police.
The driver of the SUV remained on scene in Spanish Fork and was cooperative with the investigation. Anderson says no citation was issued.
However, the investigation what caused the incident is still ongoing.
- Police say man arrested for gym assault later confessed to Spanish Fork murder
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Washington Elementary playground to get $800,000 facelift
- Jon Huntsman Jr meets with Russia’s president
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…