One person killed in Lehi crash that involved a fire truck
LEHI, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol says one person died Friday afternoon following a crash that involved an emergency vehicle in Lehi near southbound I-15.
According to Trooper Quincy Breur, of the UHP, the crash occurred at 12:37 p.m. Friday. The UHP was asked to investigate the crash by Lehi City as it involved a fire truck from the Lehi Fire Department that was responding to a call with its sirens on.
Breur says the fire truck was heading westbound on SR-92. As it approached the intersection, it collided with a Chevy Spark that was coming down the I-15 off-ramp. The UHP says it was a T-bone style crash.
Breur says the 20-year-old female driver of the Chevy suffered fatal injuries and passed away at the scene. The firefighters in the truck suffered minor injuries.
The westbound lanes of SR-92 were closed for more than four hours.
Lehi City issued a statement Friday night, it read:
“We are aware that our Lehi Fire Engine 83 was responding to a commercial fire alarm call when they were involved in a motor vehicle accident resulting in a fatality. Our hearts go out to all involved and affected by this tragic accident,” the statement read.
This story will be updated.
- Fatal crash in Juab County leaves one dead
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Lehi Police respond to a report of shots fired, turned out to be fireworks
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah is the 10th most active state in the country, according to study
- How to care for Canterbury Bells | KSL Greenhouse
- Navajo leaders quarantine as Native nation prepares for curfew
- Fed begins inflation fight with key rate hike, more to come
- VIP Special Needs Sports League
- The website Yelp is on the search for a Chief Pizza Officer
- Utah homeschooling is on the rise. What does that say about education in Utah?
- S.L. County D.A. joins national call for (better) justice for all
- Uncle of missing five-year-old in Logan charged with murder, remains found
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?