Gov. Cox to hold town hall focused on Latino community
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Spencer Cox and the Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs will hold a town hall meeting focused on the Latino community Monday night.
The town hall will take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Salt Lake Community College’s Grand Theater. The theater is located at the college’s campus at 1575 South State Street, Salt Lake City.
Cox’s office said the governor would use questions submitted earlier in the month to understand the priorities of the community.
The community discussion with Cox will be facilitated in both Spanish and English.
Nubia Peña, director of the Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs, will moderate the town hall while Lester Rojas from Univision and Cindy Bernal from Telemundo will emcee.
There will be an hour of networking following the town hall so that community members can learn about local resources.
Registration for the event is closed, but anyone already registered can use their confirmation email to ride UTA for free.
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission…