Woman dies in Logan after being hit by cement truck
LOGAN, Utah — A woman crossing the street in downtown Logan was hit and killed by a cement truck while crossing the street Friday morning. Logan City Police are investigating the incident.
In a press release, the LCPD said the woman had been crossing Main Street in her motorized wheelchair around 9:52 a.m.
A southbound cement truck hit the woman, causing fatal injuries.
The LCPD said multiple agencies responded to the scene to investigate the crash.
The LCPD will not release the woman’s name until her family is notified.
Main Street experienced traffic delays and closure but reopened around noon, according to a Facebook post by the LCPD.
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission…
- BYU using genealogy to reconnect MIA soldiers with families