Utah’s Hogle Zoo brings back Wild Wednesdays
SALT LAKE CITY — Every Wednesday during the month of November, visitors can enter the Hogle Zoo at a discounted price as part of a program called Wild Wednesdays.
From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. the public can pay $5 online, or several in person for access to the zoo.
The zoo is hosting Wild Wednesdays to recognize the Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts & Parks (ZAP) program. Furthermore, a press release from the zoo says the public can view different animals during the winter months.
Animals such as Amur tigers, snow leopards, and red pandas are more active during the winter, giving guests a better chance to see them.
Autumn Henry, supervisor of animal ambassadors, said when it gets colder outside some animals can’t endure the temperature. Giraffes are among the animals who choose to stay in the warmth.
However, animals such as polar bears can be seen frolicking in the snow said Henry. In addition, the small animal building is open to guests.
“It’s a great place to get warm if you’re feeling a little chilly,” she said.
The small animal building houses many tropical animals during the winter. And a few different techniques are used to provide the animals with more warmth.
“We use heat lamps, we keep them inside in situations where they would lose too much heat being out in the cold.” she said, “It’s actually also very important to keep up their humidity in winter because it gets so dry. So tropical animals need that heat and humidity to remain happy and healthy.”
To purchase tickets and see operation hours visit the zoos webpage here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Jon Huntsman Jr meets with Russia’s president
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak