SLCPD joins other Utah agencies on TikTok
SALT LAKE CITY — Maybe the last person you expect to see on your TikTok feed doing trendy dances or making recipe videos is the same person seen driving a police cruiser.
However, Salt Lake City Police Department has joined the video app with the hope to educate and inspire.
The police department’s official tag is @SLCPD. And community members can familiarize themselves with the staff in their first video.
According to a press release, in addition to showing off their funny personalities, SLCPD will also use the platform as a way to hire recruits.
SLCPD isn’t the first agency to adopt the use of TikTok. Since the increasing popularity of the app, Utah agencies like the Utah Department of Transportation, the Utah Department of Public Safety, the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, and even Utah’s Gov. Spencer Cox along with dozens of others use the app to spread information.
Community members can use the platform to connect with Utah agencies and consume safety tips in a more lighthearted way.
Today’s Top Stories
- One family’s warning about raves after the death of a loved one
- A $1.6 billion jackpot has Utahns crossing state lines for lottery tickets
- Update: 4 dead after plane crash near Box Elder Peak, Tibble Fork Reservoir
- Two people tried to double vote at Salt Lake GOP convention, charges could come
- Rainfall record in Delta shattered, residents prepare for more flooding
- Fugitive, K9 officer killed in officer involved shooting
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Alta High School and Cottonwood High School will move remote learning due to COVID-19
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Advocates call for tighter regulations on tanning beds