Brighton Resort to open for ski season on Friday
SALT LAKE CITY — The Brighton Resort will open the 2022-23 ski season on Friday.
According to a news release, the resort has received roughly 60 inches on snow since Oct. 22.
“Early season snowfall and low temps allowed us to set up the mountain pretty early in the season this year,” said Jared Winkler, director of marketing for Brighton Resort in a news release. “We estimate that between 50 and 200 snowboarders and skiers have been coming up here every day since the first big storm of the season a few weeks ago.”
Once open, the lifts at Brighton will be open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is expected that Crest Express will open in the near future, according to the news release.
Adult lift tickets can be purchased for $80 and groom tickets being available for $55.
In all honor of Veterans Day, the resort is offering free skiing or riding to all military members and veterans on Friday.
According to the news release, night operations at the resort are scheduled to begin on Dec. 12.
For a list of opening dates of other ski resorts around the state, click here.
- Brian Head Resort to open for ski season on Friday
- Snow this weekend, is ski season in Utah almost here?
Today’s Top Stories
- One family’s warning about raves after the death of a loved one
- A $1.6 billion jackpot has Utahns crossing state lines for lottery tickets
- Update: 4 dead after plane crash near Box Elder Peak, Tibble Fork Reservoir
- Two people tried to double vote at Salt Lake GOP convention, charges could come
- Rainfall record in Delta shattered, residents prepare for more flooding
- Fugitive, K9 officer killed in officer involved shooting
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Alta High School and Cottonwood High School will move remote learning due to COVID-19
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Advocates call for tighter regulations on tanning beds