100 Murray kids gifted holiday shopping spree
MURRAY, Utah — Ken Garff employees partnered with Reach Out Today to bring 100 Murray kids on a shopping spree to buy winter clothes Saturday morning. Jazz dancers and some Jazz player’s significant others were also there for the festivities!
In a statement from a press release, Ken Garff employees and Reach Out Today are “passionate about giving back to the community, especially during the holiday season. Partnering together, they want students in Title 1 schools who may feel invisible to be visible and to know that they matter, too, and are not overlooked, even though they may not have money to buy clothes and necessities.”
The kids were taken to the Brickyard Kohl’s at 1154 Brickyard Road in Salt Lake City. Each kid had a list of necessities that their parents sent with them.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for our employees to work together to help students in need of clothes and necessities,” said Emma Checketts, Ken Garff community partnership and events manager. “Our employees love serving our communities, and we’re going to continue the ‘We’re Hear for You’ program to help others.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- BYU using genealogy to reconnect MIA soldiers with families
- Amazon to add 1,500 full/part time jobs in Utah
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Davis School District apologizes for shared flyer on ex-employee