SLCPD investigating shooting that killed 29-year-old woman
SALT LAKE CITY — Dispatch received calls of a shooting at around 2 a.m. near 300 South West Temple. After responding, officers learned that someone had put the victim in their car and drove away.
Officers then learned that the shooting took place in a parking lot by a nightclub.
Based on preliminary information, employees from the nightclub asked a group of people to leave. Once outside, the suspect got into an argument with the victim’s boyfriend. The situation escalated and the suspect pulled out a gun and shot the victim.
After the shooting, the suspect left in an unknown vehicle with a couple of other people.
The victim was dropped off at a hospital on the University of Utah campus. Despite medical teams rendering first aid upon arrival, the victim died at the hospital.
Detectives are asking that anyone with information about this shooting to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-229528.
Today’s Top Stories
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Davis School District apologizes for shared flyer on ex-employee
- U of U Health offering full-tuition scholarships for pharmacy program
- Logan man arrested for allegedly sharing child porn on Facebook
- TSA finds seven guns in seven days at Salt Lake International Airport
- Charges say man threatened to shoot everyone at Magna youth football practice
- USU police chief resigns after sexual assault comments to football players were made public
- AP Question and Answer: Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help