SUV winds up under semi after crash on I-80 near Mountain Dell
SALT LAKE CITY — An early morning crash on eastbound I-80 near Mountain Dell Golf Course blocked traffic on Monday morning, but there were no injuries.
EB I-80 at MP 134 (Emigration Canyon) Salt Lake Co.
2 Left Lanes Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 7:53 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) November 21, 2022
Sgt. Cam Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol confirmed the accident happened early, around 6:45 a.m. Roden said a Toyota Highlander swiped the driver side of a semi truck near mile marker 134.
According to the UHP, the Toyota wound up partially underneath the semi truck. Though there were two people in SUV as well as in the semi, nobody was injured in the crash.
However, the truck began leaking fuel and lost about 25 gallons of fuel before fire officials were able to stop the leak.
- Gas prices tumble in some US cities, not so much in others
- Companies around Utah offer free Thanksgiving meals and more
Today’s Top Stories
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Davis School District apologizes for shared flyer on ex-employee
- U of U Health offering full-tuition scholarships for pharmacy program
- Logan man arrested for allegedly sharing child porn on Facebook
- TSA finds seven guns in seven days at Salt Lake International Airport
- Charges say man threatened to shoot everyone at Magna youth football practice
- USU police chief resigns after sexual assault comments to football players were made public
- AP Question and Answer: Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help