UDOT recommends motorists to plan ahead over Thanksgiving weekend
SALT LAKE CITY — While weather conditions around the state this week are making for ideal travel conditions, the Utah Department of Transportation is still recommending that all travelers plan ahead. UDOT is expecting heavy traffic in both directions of I-15 during Thanksgiving weekend (Wednesday, Nov. 23 through Sunday, Nov. 27).
Traffic engineers with UDOT are expecting delays over the holiday weekend. Those delays are as follows:
- Northbound I-15 in Davis County: Delays could be as much as 10 minutes between 3 and 7 p.m.
- Southbound I-15 in Salt Lake County: Motorists could see delays as much as 15 minutes between 3 and 7 p.m.
- Near Nephi on southbound I-15: Delays could be up to 10 minutes between 5 and 8 p.m.
Additionally, UDOT says delays of 20 minutes are possible near Cedar City on Sunday between 12 and 7 p.m.
Furthermore, UDOT says most of the construction projects taking place around the state are being paused this weekend. The work is being halted to help reduce delays around the state.
However, UDOT says there are few projects that will go on as scheduled. Those projects are as follows:
- I-80 and I-215 on the eastern side of Salt Lake County.
- I-80 near the I-84 interchange.
- I-70 near the I-15 interchange.
When planning for the Thanksgiving weekend, UDOT says motorists should also consider Black Friday. Roadways near large shopping centers or malls are likely to have heavier-the-normal traffic.
For the latest information on traffic restrictions, click here.
- Message to Utah skiers from UDOT about traffic — plan ahead
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend
Today’s Top Stories
- 1 in 3 Americans planning summer road trip, many eyeing National Parks
- Utah one of the leading states for low levels of drunk driving
- SLC pedestrian bridge named for Archie and Lois Archuleta
- The SafeUT app gets a new look
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- Fastly blames global internet outage on software bug
- Susan Powell created a “paper trail” of evidence before her disappearance,…
- Sandy firefighter captain ‘no longer employed’ after reportedly sharing child porn
- How to persuade someone who is suicidal to stay and get help
- Xi Jinping visits Wuhan, in major show of confidence