SALT LAKE CITY — Jon Huntsman, Sr. says the people and leaders of Utah ought to be thanking him and other donors for the Huntsman Cancer Institute. The businessman and philanthropist took out a two-page newspaper ad outlining the finances of the institute over the past 22 years.
“We (our family) are the only one in America that’s now put in a total themselves of 656 million dollars,” he said on KSL’s Doug Wright Show.
He says the state has only put in 7.34 percent of the funding and claims the U owes the institute $54 million from the last memorandum of understanding.
The U of U’s statement today says they share the Huntsman family’s vision of curing cancer and will work on resolving issues at the negotiation table.
Today’s Top Stories
- Suspect in woman’s death barred from campus, report says
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Some evacuation orders lifted for the Snoqualmie Fire
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport
- Sergeant Stephanie Tatton, Weber County Sheriff’s Office
- President Nelson, other senior church leaders receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Living Faith In Fear: Understanding traditional violence and its impact on peaceful worship
- Don’t get a ticket: Know the difference between solid or striped crosswalks
- Police make sixth arrest in the kidnapping and murder of Kearns woman
- Sir Paul McCartney makes his own guitar picks by crushing pennies under trains