SALT LAKE CITY — Jon Huntsman, Sr. says the people and leaders of Utah ought to be thanking him and other donors for the Huntsman Cancer Institute. The businessman and philanthropist took out a two-page newspaper ad outlining the finances of the institute over the past 22 years.
“We (our family) are the only one in America that’s now put in a total themselves of 656 million dollars,” he said on KSL’s Doug Wright Show.
He says the state has only put in 7.34 percent of the funding and claims the U owes the institute $54 million from the last memorandum of understanding.
The U of U’s statement today says they share the Huntsman family’s vision of curing cancer and will work on resolving issues at the negotiation table.
Today’s Top Stories
- 1.4 million seek US jobless aid, first increase since March
- Despite pandemic, no renter should struggle to pay the landlord
- Live-fire training scheduled at Camp Williams this week
- Sandy city officials urging hikers to be more prepared
- DC Police report 68 arrests made
- Layton rare coin dealer accused of multi-million dollar scheme
- Heat advisory for next two days along Wasatch Front
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- UK aims to give 1st COVID-19 shot to all adults by September
- Utah Jazz announce 2021-22 regular-season schedule