A Utah congressman who has already said he might not finish his term is reportedly interested in taking on a significant role at Fox news.
A monthly magazine called the Washingtonian says Jason Chaffetz has been telling people that he will take on a substantial role in on-air talent at Fox.
The magazine says they talked with two GOP lawmakers and four senior house Republican aides, and the word is that Chaffetz will be on-air at Fox news channel as early as July.
Political experts had talked about that possibility from the day last month that Chaffetz announced he would not seek reelection.
Chaffetz told KSL last month he wanted to go in a different direction after being away from his family for so long, and he planned to return to the private sector; perhaps even leaving his term early.
No comment yet from his office or from Fox news.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham signs 4-year extension through 2027
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- UPDATED: Utah Gun Exchange counter-protesting Parkland students
- Veterans group offers armed school guards
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Idaho, Utah earthquakes have same cause, but not related
- New jet to boost organ transplantation in Utah
- Deseret News poll: Only half of Utahns would take COVID-19 vaccine
- Historic Native American petroglyph known as ‘The Birthing Scene’ vandalized