A Utah congressman who has already said he might not finish his term is reportedly interested in taking on a significant role at Fox news.
A monthly magazine called the Washingtonian says Jason Chaffetz has been telling people that he will take on a substantial role in on-air talent at Fox.
The magazine says they talked with two GOP lawmakers and four senior house Republican aides, and the word is that Chaffetz will be on-air at Fox news channel as early as July.
Political experts had talked about that possibility from the day last month that Chaffetz announced he would not seek reelection.
Chaffetz told KSL last month he wanted to go in a different direction after being away from his family for so long, and he planned to return to the private sector; perhaps even leaving his term early.
No comment yet from his office or from Fox news.
Today’s Top Stories
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- UPDATE: South Salt Lake DMV Office reopens after confirmed COVID case
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000