BOUNTIFUL — Police say they are relieved a 13-year-old girl was found safe this morning.
Kayla Leatherman had not been seen since after school yesterday.
Bountiful assistant police chief Ed Biehler says her parents found her at 7 AM walking on Orchard Drive.
There was concern because the teen’s parents discovered she had been chatting or texting with an older man in Idaho.
“When they found out about this relationship with this adult, they confronted her about that, and took her phone from her. That’s how we had some of the information we had last night, because we had possession of her phone,” said Biehler.
Investigators determined that the girl was not with the Idaho man, and they say no charges will be filed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Take a look at Warner Bros. billion-dollar theme park in Abu Dhabi
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Bells will ring from Utah Capitol Building in honor of lives lost from COVID-19
- Lawmakers promote bill prohibiting online impersonation
- ‘Golden Girls’ recast with Black cast including Tracee Ellis Ross and Regina King
- Mrs. Joni Willis – Pleasant Green Elementary