SALT LAKE CITY — Police are still looking for a man accused of kidnapping a 24-year-old woman at gunpoint on Wednesday and later found.
Police say Samantha June Medina was taken from her apartment and forced into a vehicle Wednesday morning.
After Medina was found later that night, police said the man accused of taking her, 32-year-old Victor Gabino-Perez, was still at large and should be considered armed and dangerous.
Police say he fired at least one shot into the apartment at 75 South Post Street (940 West) just after 8:30 Wednesday morning, prompting a standoff.
Detective Greg Wilking says Medina was in good condition at a local hospital, but he did not offer other details about how she was found. They are looking for a white or gray 1995 Pontiac Grand Am, license plate E58 5NB. Please call Salt Lake Police at 801 799-3000 if you see the car or suspect.
Today’s Top Stories
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- What makes soda so addictive?
- HOAX ALERT: Health officials warn about color-coded masks flyer
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000