TOOELE — A tanker traveling South on SR-36 in Tooele went through an intersection with a yellow light. A car turning left from the opposite direction thought the tanker would stop — it didn’t. The tanker swerved to avoid the left-turning, white Prius, lost control, and rolled, shutting down a lane of travel just as the busy holiday weekend travel got underway.
KSL Photojournalist, Derek Peterson, was sitting behind the semi when the crash occurred and captured this video.
Peterson says police asked him to leave the area as fluid was leaking from the tanker. No homes or businesses were evacuated and no injuries reported.
Delays stacked up through Tooele, Stansbury Park and Erda for hours as clean up continued through the afternoon.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Inside a coronavirus hospital in Italy, doctors warn: get ready
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- DWR lets people take unlimited number of fish from Wasatch County fishing hole
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Graduates show Salt Lake City students to stay in school