TOOELE — A tanker traveling South on SR-36 in Tooele went through an intersection with a yellow light. A car turning left from the opposite direction thought the tanker would stop — it didn’t. The tanker swerved to avoid the left-turning, white Prius, lost control, and rolled, shutting down a lane of travel just as the busy holiday weekend travel got underway.
KSL Photojournalist, Derek Peterson, was sitting behind the semi when the crash occurred and captured this video.
Peterson says police asked him to leave the area as fluid was leaking from the tanker. No homes or businesses were evacuated and no injuries reported.
Delays stacked up through Tooele, Stansbury Park and Erda for hours as clean up continued through the afternoon.
Today’s Top Stories
- BYU Law students “heart attack” Orem Islamic Center
- Lake Mountain Middle School opens for classes–but construction on campus continues
- Tammy Botelho – Sage Hills Elementary
- New KSL documentary goes behind the scenes of the COLD podcast
- Defendant in major opioid case says he was helping people
- Donovan Mitchell tests positive for COVID-19
- Audit: Utah oil, gas division lacks environmental oversight
- More COVID-19 antibody testing available, but doctors say not everyone should get it
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- MOVIE SHOW REVIEW: The Grinch (2018)