COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A Cottonwood Heights police officer was at Dan’s Supermarket on 23rd East buying donuts Saturday morning when he recognized a suspect in a series of robberies. Lieutenant Mark Askerlund says the man was dressed in a hoodie with the hood pulled tight around his face and may have been about to commit another robbery. The officer who spotted him went to his car to call for backup and officers were able to take the suspect into custody without trouble.
Askerlund says the suspect, 19-year-old Zane James, is believed to be responsible for a series of robberies at Subway, Game Stop, World Market and other businesses in Cottonwood Heights. The last one occurred on Friday afternoon.
Today’s Top Stories
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Trial date set in wrongful death lawsuit for Susan Powell’s sons