COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A Cottonwood Heights police officer was at Dan’s Supermarket on 23rd East buying donuts Saturday morning when he recognized a suspect in a series of robberies. Lieutenant Mark Askerlund says the man was dressed in a hoodie with the hood pulled tight around his face and may have been about to commit another robbery. The officer who spotted him went to his car to call for backup and officers were able to take the suspect into custody without trouble.
Askerlund says the suspect, 19-year-old Zane James, is believed to be responsible for a series of robberies at Subway, Game Stop, World Market and other businesses in Cottonwood Heights. The last one occurred on Friday afternoon.
Today’s Top Stories
- House approves bill to rename Dixie State University
- Tooele County School District
- High schooler discovers new planet on 3rd day of NASA internship
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- When will you get your stimulus payment? Here’s how to check
- KSL NewsRadio picks up Murrow award for tour bus crash coverage
- Sister of missing hiker says she is getting mental health help