OGDEN VALLEY — A boater rescued an apparently intoxicated swimmer at Pineview Reservoir Saturday evening.
Sgt. Nealy Adams with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office says the boater noticed a swimmer had disappeared underwater and wasn’t coming back up.
“The Good Samaritan came over and jumped in the water and pulled this kid back up. By the time he got him pulled back up, he was blue,” Nealy told KSL Newsradio.
Sgt. Nealy says that’s when the rescuer started to give the swimmer CPR.
“Rescue breaths and chest compressions. After a little bit of time, the male came to, coughing up the water.”
Although the swimmer was up and walking around after being revived, Sgt. Nealy says he was taken to a local hospital for observation. The names of the swimmer and his rescuer have not been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Huge haul of treasure stolen in German castle vault heist
- Holladay Arts Council
- New “return to work” initiative for Utahns who lost jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- What are the rules at the polling place in Utah?
- Wildlife resources officers seek information in deer poaching case
- 2 injured in early morning house fire in Layton
- Eilish, who gives voice to troubled youth, tops the Grammys
- Donovan Mitchell and mom talk about growing up Spida
- Draper confirms firefighter killed in CA is one of theirs