WEST VALLEY CITY — Police say a teenage boy is dead after a shooting in a West Valley City neighborhood Tuesday evening.
Authorities believe the death may be gang-related, said West Valley Police Department spokeswoman Roxanne Vainuku.
Neighbors near the home on Thayn Drive heard arguing and threatened to call police after they saw a group fighting in street, Vainuku said. Gunshots were heard and suspects in two cars drove away.
Police were speaking with witnesses and collecting evidence, Vainuku said. Officers don’t believe the alleged shooter is a threat to the greater public.
— Annie Knox, Deseret News and Brianna Bodily, KSL Newsradio
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Sen. Romney calls for vote on bill to prevent mass layoffs for airline workers
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- COLD season 2 announced: Justice for Joyce Yost
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Armed protestors march to state capitol, no violence reported
- Utah National Guard supports fallen mayor’s daughter at debate