Google Trends released a list just in time for the 2017 National Spelling Bee to show each state’s most commonly misspelled word, based on “how to spell” searches done from January to April.
For Utah, the word is “disease.”
Utah is the only state that misspells the word, though ten other states had trouble with “beautiful” and “pneumonia.”
Idaho’s most misspelled word is “quote,” and Colorado’s is “tomorrow.” Wyoming’s most misspelled word is “priority,” and Nevada’s is “available.”
-contributing: Herb Scribner, Deseret News
Today’s Top Stories
- Crimewatch: the Murder of Sherry Black
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- Ogden joins cities observing COVID memorial March 1
- Utah Highway Patrol troopers answer your questions
- Fired U of U detective refutes claims made by school about her dismissal
- Skyline High School dismisses in-person class for two weeks following COVID-19 outbreak
- Utah County Commissioner injured in National Guard training