WEST JORDAN – Residents who live near the corner of 7800 South and 3800 West say they heard four or five gunshots just before 11 this morning.
One man, who wants to stay anonymous, says the shooting didn’t stop there.
He says, “About two minutes later, I heard four or five more shots.”
That man says it was obvious the victim was severely hurt, with several gunshot wounds in the torso.
“The cop was rolling him over, trying to figure out where he had been hit. You could see about that many shots in him.”
At first, police didn’t have a suspect description. However, they were told about a possible suspect vehicle seen in the area.
West Jordan Police Sergeant Joe Monson says, “It was a silver Dodge or Chrysler passenger car with racing stripes.”
Soon after, a silver Dodge Magnum was found and a person of interest was taken in for questioning. Officers are looking for one more person, but they’re not releasing the names of the people involved, yet.
Nearby Columbia Elementary School was put on “lockout” as a precaution.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Another Grand Canyon visitor dies in fall from edge
- The future of Bountiful High School’s mascot discussed last night
- Former Utah police chief shares insight into active shooter response
- A warning about abandoned campfires
- How to prepare home and family for an earthquake
- Driver who hit and killed BYU student was off-duty police officer, Utah County…