BOTHWELL – A baby is recovering after a near-drowning in a canal.
The Box Elder Sheriff’s office says a mom was walking with her four children and their dog in Bothwell, which is to the west of Tremonton.
The one year old was in a stroller and the other kids on bikes. They came to an intersection and one of the children did not stop.
The mom let go of the stroller to help, and the stroller rolled into a canal by the road. The baby came out of the stroller and went through the culvert under the road.
The mom got the baby out of the water and a passerby with medical training performed CPR. They say it did revive the baby.
The baby went first to Bear River Hospital and then was flown to Primary Children’s Hospital as a precaution.
Today’s Top Stories
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Payson shelter-in-place order lifted; sledgehammer suspect still at large
- Lee Lonsberry steps up to the mic at KSL
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- UDOT to build runaway truck ramp entering Garden City near Bear Lake
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Lagoon ready to open without reservations
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- Salt Lake City high schoolers now in class four days a week