WASHINGTON, D.C. — Former FBI Director James Comey will face questions this week about investigating possible Russian ties to the 2016 presidential election, and whether President Donald Trump asked him to stop.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah and head of the House Oversight Committee, is talking about what he wants to see and hear from Comey Thursday. The congressman told Fox News he wants to hear Comey’s story, but believes the former FBI chief may try to dodge questions in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee.
“I worry that what he’s going to say is he’s going to go back to the tried and true, ‘This is classified material and I can’t talk about it under this setting.’ That’s the worry,” said Chaffetz.
He wants to see the documents, notes and memos Comey has reportedly taken of meetings over the years. He also tells the network he’d like the chance to question Comey again with his own House Oversight Committee.
Comey’s testimony on Thursday will air in full on KSL Newsradio, which you can stream live at staging.kslnewsradio.com or via our app.
Today’s Top Stories
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- BYU football preparing its offense for Northern Illinois
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School