SANDY — A man who witnessed a deadly shooting near an elementary school is now talking about what he saw.
Will May saw an injured woman in the road and thought it was a bad car crash. He is CPR trained so he rushed over, and saw a man all in black. It was Jeremy Patterson.
“He wouldn’t look at me. And he looked a little dazed. And I kept trying to talk with him and he wouldn’t answer. So I put my attention on the woman who we could possibly save,” said May.
He bent over the victim on the ground and says when he stood back up a gun went off.
He thought someone was shooting at them so he ran. It was Patterson taking his own life.
Read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865681586/Man-who-rushed-toward-murder-suicide-scene-describes-encounter-with-killer.html
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘Diesel Brothers’ ordered to pay $850k for violating Clean Air Act
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- Volunteers of America
- Utah missionary killed in Georgia bike accident
- Pilot walks away from rough landing in West Jordan
- Earthquake in Utah causes chemical spill at Kennecott plant, but no danger to public health
- We have a wiener! Joey Chestnut eats 71 hot dogs for title
- 17 Latter-day Saint temples to reopen for sealings on Monday
- Fireworks are legal through July 5th in Utah, but not everywhere
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids