A five-year-old boy who’d been camping at the Spanish Oaks reservoir with his family drowned Saturday afternoon. Sgt. Chris Sheriff with the Spanish Fork police department says searchers looked for the boy for more than half an hour after he was reported missing before a couple of bystanders spotted him.
“He was found under the water just off the main beach area,” Sheriff told KSL Newsradio. “One found him and the other helped to bring the body up.” Emergency crews rushed the boy to Mountain View hospital, where they had plans to fly him to a trauma center. But by then, Sheriff said the boy had passed away.
The boy’s family is from out of state. They had been participating in a family reunion at the reservoir, which is a community fishing and camping spot in Spanish Fork.
<iframe width=”100%” height=”300″ style=”background-color:transparent; display:block; max-width: 700px;” frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”allowtransparency” scrolling=”no” src=”//embeds.audioboom.com/posts/6005243-child-drowns-in-spanish-fork-reservoir/embed/v4?eid=AQAAAMmmPFn7oVsA” title=”audioBoom player”></iframe>
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Sean Reyes: GOP incumbent candidate for Utah attorney general
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Ogden gym unveils unique recovery program for recovering addicts
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting