A five-year-old boy who’d been camping at the Spanish Oaks reservoir with his family drowned Saturday afternoon. Sgt. Chris Sheriff with the Spanish Fork police department says searchers looked for the boy for more than half an hour after he was reported missing before a couple of bystanders spotted him.
“He was found under the water just off the main beach area,” Sheriff told KSL Newsradio. “One found him and the other helped to bring the body up.” Emergency crews rushed the boy to Mountain View hospital, where they had plans to fly him to a trauma center. But by then, Sheriff said the boy had passed away.
The boy’s family is from out of state. They had been participating in a family reunion at the reservoir, which is a community fishing and camping spot in Spanish Fork.
<iframe width=”100%” height=”300″ style=”background-color:transparent; display:block; max-width: 700px;” frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”allowtransparency” scrolling=”no” src=”//embeds.audioboom.com/posts/6005243-child-drowns-in-spanish-fork-reservoir/embed/v4?eid=AQAAAMmmPFn7oVsA” title=”audioBoom player”></iframe>
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Courage Reins
- Donovan Mitchell: good Samaritan deed goes viral
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Grandfather of suspect in the death of little girl says he is a troubled family member