Firefighters have been called out to wildfires across the state of Utah, from Box Elder County to Cedar City.
Firefighters stopped a fire burning on Lake Mountain south of Saratoga Springs about 1 AM Monday but have been watching for hotspots. It burned about 75 acres.
Then in Salt Lake City, fire crews fought a brush fire last night in a field near 9th west and Indiana Ave. It damaged some construction equipment.
The Ponderosa Fire nine miles up Beaver Canyon closed State Highway 153 and evacuated a campground. People living nearby are on standby in case they have to evacuate.
In Box Elder County two wildfires, one southeast of Portage and one in Willard, are 40 and 30 percent contained and 500 acres between them.
Near vernal, the Maeser fire is now 80 percent contained at 885 acres. It caused some evacuations Friday.
Two wildfires are burning southwest of Cedar City in the Dixie National Forest but almost all contained. They believe those are human-caused, and a firefighter had to be treated in the hospital.
Today’s Top Stories
- “Bonus Bucks” program encourages shopping and dining in Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Salt Lake County urges people to find new ways to visit elderly loved ones
- Crash in Spanish Fork Canyon involves five cars and one semi-truck
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out…
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Proposed bill would allow students to take mental health days from school
- New surveillance video shows the horrific attack on Lady Gaga’s dog walker
- Man stuck on avalanche deposit on Utah’s Mount Timpanogos
- Victim identified in fatal St. George shooting