WEST VALLEY CITY — A woman was killed in a fire at her home in west valley city Tuesday morning.
It happened near 1500 West Crystal Avenue, which is 2590 South.
Fire officials say she may have been trapped or overcome by the smoke.
“The first fire crews that went in found her inside. There was a neighbor that let us know she was inside,” said Battalion Chief Bob Fitzgerald.
The woman was around 70 years old.
Crews are focusing on an area or closet at the front of the house where it appears the fire started.
Neighbors say the home had just been remodeled before the woman moved in.
Today’s Top Stories
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Friends and climbers mourn a Utah man who died on Mt. Everest
- Officer Dallas Smith & Officer Cory Lewis, Spanish Fork Police Department
- 2 charged with killing woman in southwest Nebraska
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Jerry Silva, South Salt Lake Police Department
- New KSL documentary goes behind the scenes of the COLD podcast
- Angela Kirk – Noah Webster Academy
- My father is an addict — one child’s letter about addiction
- The first ever YouTube video was uploaded 15 years ago today. Here it is