WEST VALLEY CITY — A woman was killed in a fire at her home in west valley city Tuesday morning.
It happened near 1500 West Crystal Avenue, which is 2590 South.
Fire officials say she may have been trapped or overcome by the smoke.
“The first fire crews that went in found her inside. There was a neighbor that let us know she was inside,” said Battalion Chief Bob Fitzgerald.
The woman was around 70 years old.
Crews are focusing on an area or closet at the front of the house where it appears the fire started.
Neighbors say the home had just been remodeled before the woman moved in.
Today’s Top Stories
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Salt Lake police investigating after Zoom class is hacked, displays pornographic images
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find
- Hill Air Force Base Open Aircraft Day
- Utah State Parks annual pass fee increased
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic