SALT LAKE CITY — A wrong-way driver on the I-215 west-side belt slammed head on into another car four days ago, then took off. The whole thing was caught on the victim’s dash camera.
The video shows headlights as the pick up truck bears down on the two passenger cars. The truck hits hard, spinning one car into another. You can hear screaming throughout as the driver tries to regain control. Thankfully, the Utah Highway Patrol said no one was seriously hurt.
“I’m pretty lucky right now to be in one piece and be able to sit here right now,” said Sunny Malik, owner of the dash camera.
UHP said the wrong-way driver abandoned the pickup a short distance away. They are still searching for the driver.
“I just want him off the roads. I know I was really lucky to survive the incident but I don’t want him terrorizing someone else, or someone else’s family. You know?” Malik said.
Learn more in the audio story below:
Today’s Top Stories
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- UHP graduates 32 new troopers to protect highways, streets
- How opioid addiction has plagued a Utah woman and her family
- Police respond to shooting in Kearns
- Trump says he has ‘absolute right’ to declare emergency
- Read: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg statement on current chemotherapy treatment
- Northern Utah ski resorts prepared for more snow, season’s end
- LOVELOUD set to return to Utah