OGDEN — Big delays are coming to Ogden Canyon next Monday, as the Utah Department of Transportation warns they plan to close down the highway for repaving.
UDOT region one spokesperson, Vic Saunders, said about three years ago Ogden City dug water trenches under the highway. Those trenches are now sinking, and UDOT wants to level out the pavement.
“That project could take several days if we did it the way we normally do,” Saunders said, “What we want to do instead is close it entirely on Monday.”
That means from five A.M. to four P.M. the highway will only be open to resident of the canyon. Saunders suggests everyone else use Trapper’s Loops as an alternate route.
Learn more in the audio story below:
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- Russell M. Nelson to speak at NAACP convention
- Ogden gym unveils unique recovery program for recovering addicts
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93