SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah is committing to a new plan to keep its students safe.
The University will spend more than 380-thousand dollars to enhance student safety.
This will include a new requirement that all students take an online sexual assault prevention course before enrolling in classes.
The plan also calls for a new campus safety website which will have tabs on sexual assault reporting.. and emergency and physical safety.
The university will also spend 125-thousand dollars to improve lighting on campus.
And campus police are working on adding more cameras on campus as well.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- 17 Latter-day Saint temples to reopen for sealings on Monday
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- Volunteers of America
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- New study: excessive screen time can stunt child development
- Fireworks are legal through July 5th in Utah, but not everywhere
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- Fireworks and pets: keeping furry friends safe during firework season
- Mary Kaye Huntsman talks: politics, international pressure and Russia