SALT LAKE CITY — A group of Utah lawyers is working to try and bring a Utah man back to the United States from Kenya.
Refugee Justice League co-founder Jim McConkie says the man is a Muslim Imam in the Salt Lake City area.
“I’ve been out to his mosque two or three times, I know him personally, and this was just a shock,” said McConkie.
McConkie says Yussuf Awadir left Kenya as a refugee but is an American citizen. He went back to get his wife and children and was stopped from getting on a flight Wednesday night.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Office Space: What happens when the Utah workforce goes back to normal?
- LOVELOUD set to return to Utah
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- Free summer activities in Utah to entertain without breaking the bank
- U of U testing antidepressant drug for COVID-19