SALT LAKE COUNTY – If your weekend plans included a drive between Salt Lake County and Park City, you’ll need to plan a little extra time for your ride.
Last weekend, the westbound lanes of I-80 were closed near the mouth of Parley’s Canyon. This weekend, the eastbound lanes will be shut down between 2300 East and Foothill. UDOT Spokesman John Gleason says, “We’re breaking up the concrete and laying down a new layer of asphalt.” This will make the freeway smoother, as well as extending the life of the freeway.
However, Gleason says they know this will be inconvenient. “When we’re taking traffic from the three lanes on I-80 and putting it onto the I-215 East ramp, which is just one lane, that’s where we could see a bottleneck this weekend,” he explains. He says drivers will be taken off I-80 and sent to 3300 South. After that, they can hop on to I-215’s east side, then reconnect to I-80.
They’re recommending people completely avoid that part of the freeway, but, he knows that’s not an option for all drivers. “If you have to drive on I-80, just give yourself some extra time. We’re anticipating, at its worst, it could take 30 minutes. We could see 30 minute delays there.”
(Photo Credit: Adobe Stock)
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- Children’s Service Society
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- Utah man involved in US Capitol riot to face more charges