SALT LAKE CITY — There’s some worry in this high heat about unprepared or inexperienced people going outdoors to hike or play. Utah Department of Public Safety Sgt Jalaine Hawkes says please call ahead to the state park or national park where you are going.
“They’ll know which hikes are manageable for your skill level, and they’ll tell you how much water to take with you at this time of year,” she said.
Or she says you can talk to others who have gone to that area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Champion bodybuilder turns himself in on Utah rape charges
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- Golden Spoke Event
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America
- Utah Jazz to celebrate 40th season in the state