Shirley Hardman was worried about another kitchen fire when her microwave started acting up, so she called for some help. Officer Kristian Johnson reset it, and his body camera was rolling as he asked her what else he could do for her.
On the video, she looks at him and says he could sing her a song. He says he can’t sing and she quickly responded “You could start now!” She requested “You are my sunshine,” and he immediately obliged. You can hear some of that below.
Hardman told Officer Johnson she would always remember that.
Officer Johnson told the Logan-Herald Journal he couldn’t say no to Hardman because she is so positive about life. And he hopes the video of their interaction will help him through bad days on the job.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Poison Control Center says they need a funding bump to continue
- Bear euthanized after scratching a tent and a boy on a scouting trip
- Jury trial dates set for Lori Vallow in death, disappearance of Idaho children
- Inside Sources: How criminals, addicts and homeless transform their lives free of charge
- Jared Nicol, Hildale council member, jailed on suspicion of stalking
- Mat and Savanna Shaw, a viral daddy-daughter singing duo sharing hope through music
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- $1 million loan for affordable housing approved by Salt lake City Council