BOX ELDER COUNTY — County deputies are trying to track down a family they say may be targeting the elderly in a cement paving scam.
“They want to seal coat the driveway, or whatever, and it seems like they are hitting up the elderly population,” said Chief Deputy Dale Ward. “There’s a possibility they are charging too much money for doing this. They are also working outside the parameters of any business licenses.”
Ward said they want to catch up with the family and ask them a few questions.
“It is operating under the name of International Seal Coating and Paving. The main spokesperson for the company identifies himself as Jim Costello,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.
They ask anyone approached by the family to call the Sheriff’s office immediately.
Today’s Top Stories
- 6.4-magnitude quake rattles Nevada
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Toxic algal bloom spotted on Utah Lake, a first for 2019
- Friends mourn Utah veterinarian shot in New Mexico
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- UTA offering free fare to COVID-19 vaccination appointments
- UPDATE: Lori Vallow appears in court on new charges in relation to the death of missing children
- Two huge snakes fall through kitchen ceiling in Australia
- Officer Zachary Nold, Ogden City Police Department
- Hurricane State Liquor Store closes, employee tests positive for COVID-19