BOX ELDER COUNTY — County deputies are trying to track down a family they say may be targeting the elderly in a cement paving scam.
“They want to seal coat the driveway, or whatever, and it seems like they are hitting up the elderly population,” said Chief Deputy Dale Ward. “There’s a possibility they are charging too much money for doing this. They are also working outside the parameters of any business licenses.”
Ward said they want to catch up with the family and ask them a few questions.
“It is operating under the name of International Seal Coating and Paving. The main spokesperson for the company identifies himself as Jim Costello,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.
They ask anyone approached by the family to call the Sheriff’s office immediately.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- Police announce new arrests in Murray mall shooting
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district