BOX ELDER COUNTY — County deputies are trying to track down a family they say may be targeting the elderly in a cement paving scam.
“They want to seal coat the driveway, or whatever, and it seems like they are hitting up the elderly population,” said Chief Deputy Dale Ward. “There’s a possibility they are charging too much money for doing this. They are also working outside the parameters of any business licenses.”
Ward said they want to catch up with the family and ask them a few questions.
“It is operating under the name of International Seal Coating and Paving. The main spokesperson for the company identifies himself as Jim Costello,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.
They ask anyone approached by the family to call the Sheriff’s office immediately.
Today’s Top Stories
- Life Hack: How to set an alarm on Alexa and wake up to KSL NewsRadio
- New info suggests Josh Powell destroyed evidence in wife’s disappearance
- Several fires break out as Utah sees first Red Flag warning of the year
- Lake Mountain Middle School opens for classes–but construction on campus continues
- WATCH: Ogden police speak after chase ends with suspect dead and officers hurt
- Cedar City is Packed with Fun Activities to Offer Everyone in the Family! Here are 4 Things…
- Goshen Fire in Utah County near Santaquin sparked by target shooting
- Gov. Herbert issues statewide mask mandate, declares state of emergency