TOOELE COUNTY – Police say they’ve found the man accused of shooting and killing a woman inside her car while she was at an intersection in West Jordan.
Tooele County Sheriff Paul Wimmer says the body of shooter Andrew Jed Larsen was found next to his car not far from the Dugway Proving Ground. He adds, “It’s an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. We don’t have any reason to believe he died of any other cause.”
While investigators in Tooele County are investigating Larsen’s death, the killing of Jill Lloyd, 36, is being handled by the West Jordan Police Department. Sergeant Joe Monson says the were able to determine Lloyd and Larsen once had been in a relationship after getting descriptions of the shooter. Monson says, “There were some witnesses, a vehicle description and from talking to family, they were able to put those pieces together.”
The next step was to track down Larsen’s location. Monson adds, “[Investigators] were able to trace cell phones and talk to family members and get information that led them to believe he may have gone to Tooele, and that’s why we ended up going out there.”
Monson says both Lloyd and Larsen live in West Jordan, so, they’re not sure why he chose to go to the remote location in Tooele County. They also don’t know the exact motive for the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Lynda Carter offers wonderful performance at FanX
- Trump says FDA will fast track anti-viral treatments for patients with coronavirus
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- Salt Lake City high schoolers now in class four days a week
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho