TOOELE COUNTY – Police say they’ve found the man accused of shooting and killing a woman inside her car while she was at an intersection in West Jordan.
Tooele County Sheriff Paul Wimmer says the body of shooter Andrew Jed Larsen was found next to his car not far from the Dugway Proving Ground. He adds, “It’s an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. We don’t have any reason to believe he died of any other cause.”
While investigators in Tooele County are investigating Larsen’s death, the killing of Jill Lloyd, 36, is being handled by the West Jordan Police Department. Sergeant Joe Monson says the were able to determine Lloyd and Larsen once had been in a relationship after getting descriptions of the shooter. Monson says, “There were some witnesses, a vehicle description and from talking to family, they were able to put those pieces together.”
The next step was to track down Larsen’s location. Monson adds, “[Investigators] were able to trace cell phones and talk to family members and get information that led them to believe he may have gone to Tooele, and that’s why we ended up going out there.”
Monson says both Lloyd and Larsen live in West Jordan, so, they’re not sure why he chose to go to the remote location in Tooele County. They also don’t know the exact motive for the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heat advisory: FEMA says it’s too hot outside
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- Powerful typhoon lashes Philippines, killing at least 10
- ‘The End’ of Fortnite leaves millions staring at a black hole
- With online learning, class bullies fade to the background
- You can now pay thousands of dollars to talk to celebrities for 10 minutes. Thanks, Cameo
- Aaron Hadfield – Brighton High School
- Amy Madsen – Ellison Park Elementary
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Comic-Con is cancelled. But it lives virtually!