TOOELE COUNTY – Police say they’ve found the man accused of shooting and killing a woman inside her car while she was at an intersection in West Jordan.
Tooele County Sheriff Paul Wimmer says the body of shooter Andrew Jed Larsen was found next to his car not far from the Dugway Proving Ground. He adds, “It’s an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. We don’t have any reason to believe he died of any other cause.”
While investigators in Tooele County are investigating Larsen’s death, the killing of Jill Lloyd, 36, is being handled by the West Jordan Police Department. Sergeant Joe Monson says the were able to determine Lloyd and Larsen once had been in a relationship after getting descriptions of the shooter. Monson says, “There were some witnesses, a vehicle description and from talking to family, they were able to put those pieces together.”
The next step was to track down Larsen’s location. Monson adds, “[Investigators] were able to trace cell phones and talk to family members and get information that led them to believe he may have gone to Tooele, and that’s why we ended up going out there.”
Monson says both Lloyd and Larsen live in West Jordan, so, they’re not sure why he chose to go to the remote location in Tooele County. They also don’t know the exact motive for the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Life Hack: How to set an alarm on Alexa and wake up to KSL NewsRadio
- Lake Mountain Middle School opens for classes–but construction on campus continues
- Devon Krebs, Mapleton City Police Department
- Cabins in Logan Canyon for sale along with their creepy legends
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver’s license
- Elder Oaks reiterates opposition to same-sex marriage
- Several fires break out as Utah sees first Red Flag warning of the year
- WATCH: Ogden police speak after chase ends with suspect dead and officers hurt
- New info suggests Josh Powell destroyed evidence in wife’s disappearance
- Smoky skies and heat make their return to Utah