OGDEN — A Weber County inmate is suing an Ogden police officer after he broke three ribs during an arrest in April.
In the suit Guy Gailey admits he ignored commands from an officer while riding his bike. When that officer called for back up Gailey said he got off his bike and laid on the ground with his arms and legs out to his sides. That’s when Gailey claims Officer Rylee Marble jumped on his back, driving a knee into his ribs.
“There was no reason to use force in this manner at all. He’d given himself up and was trying to surrender,” Bob Sykes, Gailey’s attorney, said. “We think there was some bad blood between Officer Marble and Guy because of prior run-ins.”
Sykes claims Gailey is now saddled with a 30 thousand dollar medical bill after he was admitted to a hospital with three broken ribs and a punctured lung. The two are suing Marble for medical costs, damages and more.
Ogden City’s attorney told KSL they conducted an internal review and are confident the officer acted as he should.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- Formal murder charges filed in case of Tinder date killing
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents
- Kimille Moreton – Oakdale Elementary
- Project Recovery: Pro skateboarder Brandon Novak shares how perception saved his life
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Tentative deal reached on anti-gerrymandering initiative
- Referendum filed to overturn tax reform bill
- State fire marshal talks about Lake Mountain Middle School delays
- Retired FBI agent details his years of undercover work