IRON COUNTY — More residents are able to return home in Southern Utah.
State route 143 from Parowan to Panguitch and Second Left Hand Canyon are open again, and on Sunday officials re-opened Panguitch Lake, that means people can camp, fish and swim for the first time in more than a week and just in time for July Fourth.
In the two weeks since the fire started with a weed torch, the Brian Head fire has burned more than 65,000 acres, or about 102 square miles. But it is now 65 percent contained.
Read more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Tabitha’s Way
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- Harmons will begin administering COVID-19 vaccines to eligible groups
- Malfunctioning Mississippi voting machine caught on video
- Utah coronavirus cases hit 1,411 in one day, setting new record
- More than 70% of Americans report wearing a mask in public, study shows
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Ban on assault weapons/high-capacity magazines likely shot down
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- Police believe the El Paso shooter targeted Latinos. These are the victims’ stories