IRON COUNTY — More residents are able to return home in Southern Utah.
State route 143 from Parowan to Panguitch and Second Left Hand Canyon are open again, and on Sunday officials re-opened Panguitch Lake, that means people can camp, fish and swim for the first time in more than a week and just in time for July Fourth.
In the two weeks since the fire started with a weed torch, the Brian Head fire has burned more than 65,000 acres, or about 102 square miles. But it is now 65 percent contained.
Read more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pornography addiction almost destroys a Utah man’s life
- Number of online crimes against children on pace to double in Utah
- Walmart just boosted pay to $15. It’s not what you think
- Man dies while making a homemade explosive device in Utah
- Donovan Mitchell: good Samaritan deed goes viral
- Vanessa Bryant wins case to obtain names of deputies who allegedly took photos of crash site
- Washington County Search and Rescue report 5 incidents Sunday, including 1 death
- Let’s Get Moving with Maria: The Empowered Wife
- 9/11: Why witnessing the first draft of history isn’t so great for the witnesses
- Utah lawmakers question school mask mandate for K-12 kids