SALT LAKE CITY — The search continues for a woman accused of plowing her car into a crowd of people near the Rio Grande homeless shelter.
Salt Lake Police Lt. Justin Hudson says one victim died on the scene and five others were taken to the hospital. They say they don’t know why she drove onto the sidewalk.
The driver ran away afterward, but a passenger stayed and police were talking with that person Tuesday night.
Read more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Trial date set in wrongful death lawsuit for Susan Powell’s sons