SALT LAKE CITY –Three teens convicted in the death of a West Valley City police officer will learn their fate Monday morning.
The boys, ages 14 and 15 at the time, hit Officer Cody Brotherson as he was laying spike strips to stop the stolen car they were using to flee police.
They pleaded guilty on June 28 to their roles in his death — one to murder, one to manslaughter and one to other charges.
Brotherson was attempting to lay down spike strips to stop the car his fellow officers were chasing. At least one officer saw the teens’ vehicle swerve toward Brotherson, striking him and likely killing him on impact.
Today’s Top Stories
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- A zoning change means another option for the homeless in SLC
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School
- Ogden joins cities observing COVID memorial March 1
- Utah governor praises cleaner-burning Tier 3 fuel coming to Utah
- Mrs. Kristi Spendlove – Knowlton Elementary
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Despite unfilled vaccine appointments in Utah County, officials say no doses wasted