A South Salt Lake restaurant has been closed — again — for failing a health inspection. A notice says health inspectors found flies, ants, mouse droppings and sewer vent problems at Cafe Guanaco on 27th south. It serves Latin and Central American food. Reviews on Trip-Advisor are all positive, saying they love the Salvadorian food and the staff is friendly. But, the Salt Lake County Health Department says it presents an imminent health hazard to the public. And it had trouble back in July 2015, too, like trouble with food temperatures and where they store raw meat. Also there was fish from an unknown origin stored in the walk-in freezer.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife bridge crossing opens over I-80 in Parleys Canyon
- Protected: Test
- CPAC chair: Romney not invited over fears for his safety
- New Saratoga Springs middle school still not ready
- Police investigate late report of shooting at Jordan Landing
- Rabbi says gun ‘miraculously jammed’ in California attack
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Granite School District to publish COVID-19 case counts for all schools
- What could you cut out to help you save $1,000?
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say