UTAH COUNTY — A couple from the town of Elk Ridge, Utah faces numerous charges after investigators say drugs put their children in danger.
Utah County Sheriff Sgt Spencer Cannon says in April, the couple gave their newborn baby the drug Suboxin in the hospital right after her birth, because she was born addicted to heroin.
“They crush up certain types of drugs, and apply them to the gums of the newborn child in an effort to mask the symptoms,” he said.
Cannon says they found this out after the dad was shoplifting at the Spanish Fork Walmart and dropped the baby several times as he ran from police. A welfare check at the home also found drugs around children’s items.
The entire report from police is available here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- Congressman’s siblings release an attack ad against their own brother
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Davis County creates new public-order unit